Some people prefer being a Vegetarian for several reasons. Some people want to have a healthy life while others want to live longer or some individual wants to preserve the natural resources of the Earth and they love animals so they don’t want to eat them technically.
But whatever reason you have, having a plant based diet will provide you good environmental and health benefits.
Here are some of the benefits you will get if you are a vegan or vegetarian.
• It will help you reduce the risk of any chronic diseases. Most of the vegetarian recipes are very healthful as compared to other diet. It will help you to prevent, reverse or treat heart disease and reduce the risk of cancer. The most effective way for you to stop the progression of the coronary artery diseases is having a low fat vegetarian. Vegetarian diet is considered to be very helpful because it contain less cholesterol and animal fats and they contain more antioxidant and fiber.
• Provides a healthy weight. Continuous eating of processed foods and saturated fats that are low from plant based foods will makes you become fatter or overweight. But if you are a vegan, you can manage your diet, reduce your weight and have a healthy body weight.
• You can help your bones to become strong. If you do not have enough Calcium in your bloodstream, your body will leach from the existing bone. Due to this, it will provide you metabolic result that makes your skeleton lose its strength and porous over time. Because of this result, most of the professional health care practitioners recommend the increase the intake of calcium through their foods. These foods can also supply other nutrients that is needed by your body such as phosphorous, vitamin D and magnesium that is really needed to absorb and use calcium. There are people who enjoy small amount of dairy products like lactose free milk, cheese and yogurt. However, if you want to avoid these dairy products, you can still have a healthy dose of calcium from green vegetables like turnip greens, collards, kale, and broccoli or from dry beans, soymilk and tofu.
• You will feel at ease from the symptoms of menopause. There are foods that contains nutrients that are very beneficial for menopausal and perimenopausal women. These are the foods that are rich in plant based chemical compounds and phytoestrogen that mimics the behavior of estrogen. Since this phytoestrogen will help you increase or decrease the progesterone and estrogen level, maintaining balance of these chemicals in your diet will ensure that you would have a more comfortable passage during your menopausal stage. One of the abundant natural sources of phytoestrogens is soy but you can also find this compound in yams, squash, raspberries, plums, olives, garlic, cherries, beets and apples. In addition, menopause is also associated with slow metabolism and weight gain. A high fiber diet is very helpful in warding off the extra compounds.
• You will have a good regular bowel movement. Eating vegetables is not only means you eat lots of fiber and it also helps you to push away all the waste in your body.
• You will be provided with more energy. Having good nutrients in your body will help you to generate more energy. It will help you to keep active for your everyday routine in your life.
• You can provide a good contribution in reducing pollution. If you realize the devastation of meat industry in the environment, you will surely want to become a vegetarian because the chemicals and waste from animal farms can cause pollutions to the rivers and streams. Harvesting, fertilizing, irrigation, spraying pesticides, plowing and confined Animals facilities are the activities that provides greatest treats today.
• You can protect the animals. Since most vegetarians gives up meat in their diet, they show concern for animals. There are lots of animals slaughtered everyday just because for the human consumption. But if you are a vegetarian, you will no longer need the meet of these animals and they can now freely move in their own environment.
• You have the chance to live longer. If you choose being a vegetarian, you will have a healthy life and it will help in the longevity of life of an individual. If you include a proper diet in your everyday living, you will get the right nutrients those results to a better metabolic health. The phytochemicals that can be found in the plant base foods can really help to improve your healthy lifestyle. You will truly enjoy the vegetarian benefits because you will get the needed nutrients of your body.
If you have a vegetarian diet, you will not just get a healthy life but you can also save more money. Eating fruits and vegetables will cut your food bills. The things mentioned here are just some of the Vegetarian Facts you definitely needed to know.